When should I call for service on my fuel oil heating system?
Here is a brief checklist you can use to troubleshoot any problems you may be experiencing with your fuel oil heating system before you call for service:
- Check all service or emergency switches — they should be on.
- Check fuses or circuit breakers.
- Check the fuel level in your tank.
- Check your thermostat — make sure the switch is in the “ON” or “HEAT” position.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, make sure the batteries are working and your programming is set correctly.
- If you have checked everything and you still have no heat, try to “Reset” the burner. If you have a gas heating system, you can simply turn it off and back on again. If you have an fuel oil heating system, you can push the reset button. ONLY PRESS THE RESET BUTTON ONCE.
- If you have checked all of the above and still have no heat, please call us at (518) 664 5111 for service. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!